The color of the Display of your monitor screen matters the most when it comes to the Graphics, Images, Videos, and games to look best on your Screen. Thus, it should be ensured that the color and black level of the monitor screen are as accurate as possible.
These settings are automatically done in the PC, but sometimes users change those settings to make the screen compatible to the required display color. But sometimes, those settings are not accurate and appropriate for the color display and can be easily noticed that there is something wrong with the display screen. And it may be the possibility that you notice this fault when you look at some other PC and then see yours and found that the color settings are not as required.
Restore the Default Display Color Settings in Windows 10
Therefore, in this article we will walk you through the procedure you should take to Restore the Default Display Color Settings in Windows 10.
Set Color Management Settings to default
1. Go to Search Bar, and type Color Management, when the option appears select it from the list.
2. When the color management screen opens, switch to Advanced Tab.
3. Set each of the settings there to default. Make sure to set the options default for both the Windows Color System and the ICC rendering intent to WCS gamut mapping.
4. The settings can be set to default for everyone by choosing Change System Default.
5. At last, try calibrating your display also, which we will further discuss in this article.
Set all the Graphic Properties to default:
Setting the graphics properties of the monitor to default is the simplest solution and it has also worked for many users. For this solution, you just have to Right Click on the desktop screen and select Graphic Properties where most of the section will contain restore defaults hereby providing a way to change the settings to default.
Using Graphic Card color settings for your Desktop
Graphics Cards are nowadays available on every computer and laptop of any companies make. Graphics cards enhance the quality of your desktop screen and give the users an ultimate experience of their games and also it helps in enhancing the colors of the display.
As my system has Nvidia Graphics, therefore I’ll be telling you how to use the Nvidia Graphics card to restore the color settings. Follow these steps:
1. Launch Nvidia Control Panel from the system tray at the bottom right corner of your screen.
2. Switch to Display and choose Adjust Desktop Color Settings
3. Select the Display and choose Nvidia Settings.
4. Change things accordingly to get the right combination or you can always leave everything to default.
Calibrating the Monitor in Windows 10 to restore default Color
If you want to bring out the best of your windows screen than Calibrating is the Best key for this purpose. As calibrating your monitors ensures the colors and black level to be as accurate as possible. Now, before the calibration begins to make sure that your PC was on for past half an hour as it will be warmed by then and the display of the colors will be clear.
Follow the below given steps to calibrate your Screen:
1. Right click on the desktop and from the menu choose Display Settings.
2. Now the window will open, in that window, click, Advance Display Settings, at the bottom of the setting window.
3. Check that your monitor is set to the recommended resolution. If it is not then set it to the recommended resolution for the calibration process.
4. At the bottom of the advanced display settings window, you will find Color Calibration, click it.
5. To start the color calibration, click next.
6. Now the wizard will walk you through adjusting your color settings where you’ll do the following tasks; If your monitor allows you then you will Set the display to Factory Default Color settings.
7. You have to match the sample image by adjusting the Gamma radiation of your display.
8. You have to adjust the brightness and the contrast.
9. You have to adjust the color balance.
10. After this is done, you will reach the end of the wizard, therefore click Finish to save your settings.
In this way you will complete the calibration of your display screen, and this will help you in Restoring the default display color setting in Windows 10.