Are you also experiencing the error 219 or the driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device? Well, if yes, then there are plenty of solutions that are easy and effective and following a few steps can get you rid of this problem. The error 219 usually occurs after a windows update and in this case, it can be the windows 10 update that is causing this issue.
Reasons can be many and the most common one is the driver’s incompatibility but anyway we will cover all the possible reasons including the driver issue so just go along and try all of the mentioned solutions one by one.
How To Fix “Driver Wudfrd Failed To Load” Error 219 In Windows 10
#1 Manage The USB Controllers
Here we will use the device manager to turn off all the USB controllers. So follow these steps:
- First, go to My computer and right click it
- Select Manage and the device manager will be on the screen
- From there go to USB or USB controllers and now you need to turn off all the USBs there
- To turn it off, right click on each USB and click Uninstall
- At last, reboot your computer
Your device will automatically install USB controllers again and then you can check for the issue if it is still there.
#2 Check Drivers Incompatibility
In the second method, you need to visit the device manager again and uninstall all the drivers there such as Sound, Graphics, Chipset, etc.
- First, visit the manufacturer’s site or the official website to download particular drivers
- Check the driver’s file version as per your windows and download the file
- Install it like any normal program
You are supposed to repeat this step for each of the hardware you are using by visiting their official website and download latest drivers from there. Many times it solves almost all the windows related issues. Do not forget to reboot the system before checking for the error existence.
#3 Check For Windows Updates
Your next step should be checking for windows updates because sometimes not following the updates can create this issue of error 219 too. To check the updates, here are the simple steps:
- Go to the search panel of your device and type Updates and hit enter
- Windows updates section will be on your screen and there you just check if there are any updates
- Install all the updates you see one by one and reboot your PC at last
#4 Turn Off Hard Disk Hibernation
In this task, we will switch off the hard disk hibernation so you can get this error out of your system or device.
- Press windows key and X and select Power Options
- A new window will be opened up and there you choose Additional power settings or Show additional plans
- Now click Change plan settings and then Change advanced power settings
- In the new window click or expand the Hard disk
- Now select Turn off the hard disk and in the timer section select Never
- To save the changes click Apply and then OK and close all the windows
- Now you can restart your PC and check if the issue is gone for good.
#5 Go For Windows Driver Foundation Service
In the last step, we will check if the startup service for Windows Driver Foundation service is turned on. We aim to turn the automatic startup on so just follow these steps:
- First, open up the startup windows by pressing window key and R and type ‘services.msc.’
- Hit enter and the window will be there
- Here you need to search for the service named Windows Driver Foundation service.
- Once you find it, right click it and go to Properties
- There select automatic startup for this service and to save changes click OK
- Close all the windows and restart your PC and see if you have solved the driver wudfrd failed to load windows 10 error.