There are numerous ways to find Wi-Fi password using different tools, however, we decided to create an article that will help you retrieve Wireless password using CMD.
What is CMD?
Command Prompt is an application that is available in Windows operating system and it is used in order to execute entered commands. Most of these commands are used in order to automate tasks through batch files and scripts and to perform administrative functions and to solve certain issues that happen frequently.
How to Access Command Prompt
You can open command prompt through a shortcut that is located in Start Menu or app screen, everything depends on the version of Windows that you are using. Another way to access is through CMD run command using the shortcut, or other methods that are much faster and easier.
How to Use Command Prompt
In order to use it, you must enter a valid command that will go along with all parameters. These commands are entered and they function is designed to perform and to provide you solution. There are numerous commands that you can use and almost everything could be done through it.
In this case, we want to talk about Wi-Fi password and how to find it using CMD commands. This particular command will work even if you are offline or connected to another network, and you will be able to optimize every Wi-Fi network and turn on some features that will help you achieve your goal and retrieve your password.
Every time you connect to Wireless network and enter a password, the operating system makes WLAN profile of that particular network and everything is stored in a computer with all relevant details that you need that are connected to this particular profile.
- How to find Saved WiFi password on Android devices?
- How to Find Saved Wi-Fi password on Windows 10/8.1/8/7?
You don’t have to use any additional utilities and tools to retrieve passwords, you just have to look for a password using cmd and we are going to present you steps that you have to follow in order to do so:
How to view Saved Wi-Fi password using CMD?
- First, you have to open a command prompt and run it as administrator because that is the way that you have to do in order to retrieve the password for your Wireless network.
- In the next step, the idea is to understand everything that is stored on your PC and that is the reason why you should enter this code: “Netsh WLAN” to show profile
- You will be able to see all profiles of wireless networks that you have ever used.
- The next step is to find the name of the network that you wish to retrieve the password to and you just have to browse all relevant networks that you have used and found the right one that you need to see.
- When you enter “Netsh WLAN show profile” you should add the name of the network at the end because that way you will get all relevant information that you have to know.
- You will get security settings and key content and next to it password will be transparent for this particular network.
- You will get the possibility to optimize your wireless network connection and you will be able to change profile information or to see whether randomization is disabled. You should turn on mac randomization feature because that will help you avoid location tracking that is based on MAC address that you are having.
Here is how to turn on Mac randomization?
- The first thing that you have to do is to click on Network & the Internet and choose the Wi-Fi in the left pane.
- You have to turn on “Random Hardware Address” and if your Wi-Fi hardware doesn’t support this particular feature, then choose “Random Hardware Addresses” and it will not show in the settings app.
- When this is turned on, you are done with everything and you will be able to secure your network without any strings attached.
We have presented you ways to check WiFi network password using CMD and what is most important you will be able to do it wherever you are and whether you offline or not. Everything will be transparent and as soon as you finish, you will be able to connect to Wi-Fi network from other devices.
If you have your own thoughts on this topic, feel free to comment in the section below.