On the error code, I’ll show you the methods so you can fix windows startup error code 0xc000000f yourself. It is among the most irritating windows 10 errors so far even if Windows 10 is really superb for performance and takes care of the user experience. Here we will understand it better that exactly why this error happens and then we will head to solving it.
What Is 0xc000000 And Why It Occurs?
As you get the error message displaying Boot Error code 0xc000000f, it is a Boot Manager error. It occurs every time windows try to read Boot Configuration Data and advise the user to repair the Windows. If you think restarting can solve this error then it is not the case most of the times.
The boot sector is a vital part in order to execute the tasks in windows and when anything misses or the boot sector gets corrupted, then you get the error message. It keeps the boot sector from loading; this can also happen if your hard disk malfunctions. By the way, there is nothing to worry about when we have these amazing solutions with proper points to follow.
How to Correct the Error 0xc000000f in Windows 10?
You will find five excellent solutions ranging from easy to difficult so you can start with solution one and head to the next one until your issue gets solved.
#1 Take Out All the Additional Devices
To start it easily, just make sure there are no additional devices plugged in. If you haven’t performed a restart after plugging off all the external devices and drivers then do it now.
After you are done, check if the error still occurs because sometimes this simple act of plugging off devices works wonders. If you still face the issue then here comes our next solution.
#2 Go With Startup Repair
Well, Windows Startup Repair is like an inbuilt tool that you can find on every version of windows whether it is Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. Many times it can act as a total blessing for us and solves the issue of this boot error. It works by checking out for the corrupt files and replace them with the new ones.
To get rid of the boot error you can follow these steps and fix using Startup Repair:
- Firstly, you must have your Windows installation DVD and now insert it in the CD-ROM drive
- Now you need to fully shut off your PC
- Now when you turn it on you will see a sentence like ‘Press any key to boot from CD or DVD’ so just press any random key on your keyboard.
- In the bottom left you can look ‘Repair your computer’. Click it
- In the next screen it will show you a list of OS, just choose the one you want to repair and click Next.
- In the next window, you are supposed to choose Startup Repair and choose Restart
- Give it some time until the operation gets done and see what the final result is.
#3 Check Your Disk with CHKDSK Utility
In several cases, Windows CHKDSK utility can be the solution when it is about the hard disk related issue. Just go with the steps:
- Insert the Windows installation disc and enter the boot mode
- Here select Repair your computer and check out other options like language, time and keyboard input.
- After that, you need to select your installation drive which in most cases is C drive
- Once chosen, click Next and in the next window when it will ask you for System Recovery Options, choose Command Prompt
- In that black window paste this command: chkdsk C: /f and hit enter Here C means the drive in which your windows files are installed.
#4 Using Bootrec.Exe Tool
This method will rebuild the BCD or the Boot Configuration Data that controls the startup behavior of the windows. For this, you need to have a bootable Windows Installation DVD or USB and get ready to use this built-in Windows tool. So here come the instructions:
- First, insert the bootable DVD/USB to the DVD drive and restart your computer
- On the restart, it will ask you to press any random key.
- Just press any key you want and it will take you to the boot screen.
- You can also make your choice of language, time, currency and keyboard, so just go with that and click Next.
- Now you will be prompted to choose your operating system
- Choose your OS and from the recovery options, select Command Prompt.
- The command prompt will arrive on the screen that looks like a black window, here type:
- bootrec.exe and press Enter
- Wait a few minutes and let it rebuild BCD
After this process, you can check and normally windows work finely after going through this step. But sometimes the command doesn’t work for rebuilding and in this case, you have to use some other commands in that command prompt. Put this command one by one and hit Enter after every one of them:
bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
attrib bcd –s –h –r
ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
#5 Use the Bootable Media
This is the first step that can repair your computer if you just have a bootable DVD or any flash drive for Windows. If you do not then you have to create a bootable DVD first and then get ready to follow this method.
- Once you have the DVD, you need to enter the BIOS by pressing F2 or any other button as it varies for every PC.
- Here select Boot Order and select your devices such as DVD or USB
- Now you just need to click Save button and give your PC a restart.
- Your windows will boot using the device you selected and your PC will be back to normal and this way you are done fixing windows startup error 0xc000000f.