The STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED bug check has a value of 0xC000021A. This means that an error has occurred in a crucial user-mode subsystem.
In recent windows operating systems like Windows 8 and 10 users encounter lots of errors every day. Of course, these errors do not seem familiar and hence you feel helpless in the way of solving them. Many of you can think of taking it to a professional but that is not possible when an operating system is full of errors, it would be a waste of time and money. So it is better to know how to fix stop error 0xc000021a at home and repair the PC yourself.
Restarting the PC is not a solution to this problem and when the error occurs, you need the blue screen or the screen of death so it is necessary to perform deep solutions to fix this issue. Also, there won’t be any solution of system restore because it doesn’t work too.
Why This Error 0xc000021a Occurs?
The error usually occurs when the windows get updated whether it is 8 or 10. After updating, the boot malfunctions and doesn’t display the desktop. Instead, it displays a blue screen having the error. Well, for the reasons, two files may be responsible for this blue screen error: winlogon.exe and csrss.exe.
Winlogon.exe: When this file is damaged, users do not see the login screen anymore as it is responsible for taking you to that login screen in windows. So this file is damaged and that’s why you are facing the trouble.
Csrss.exe: It is the second file that if damaged can take you to the blue screen. The file belongs to Microsoft server and the corrupted or damaged file results you the blue screen. So, this is all about the reasons, let’s head to the solutions and face it on your own.
Steps to Fix Error 0xc000021a in Windows 8 And 10
#1 Try Manual Boot in Windows
To solve the issue, you can first try with the manual boot because safe mode boot may not work in this case. These steps will describe the process of using force drivers so you can access the Advanced Boot Options. Follow here:
- You need to restart the PC first by holding down the Shift Key and click that restart button. As an alternative, you can also use the bootable USB.
- Now on restarting, you will see a screen with some options or advanced tools.
- Here you can see an option Advanced, so just click it
- Next, you will see other options too like Startup Settings That you need to click on.
- On the next screen, you will see plenty of options where you need to press F7 and it will disable the driver signature enforcement.
- Now, your device will be restarted and in most cases, the solution works.
#2 Use SFC Scan And Fix The Issue
If the previous method didn’t work for you, then you can try SFC scan and check if the error still occurs. The 0xc000021a error can occur because it can be a file corruption issue that keeps the OS from performing and you get a stuck PC. in this situation this tool can be an excellent tool to check for the corrupted files and fix them. It is very easy to perform, just go along with these steps:
- You first need to access the command prompt, press windows key and X and select Command Prompt
- Once the screen opens up, you just need to type the command or you can copy it from here and paste it into the black space: sfc /scannow
- Don’t forget to hit the enter key after you paste the command
- It will start scanning all the files in your PC and repair the corrupted ones.
This way you can fix the issue of error 0xc000021a and if it is still bugging you then go for the third solution.
#3 Reset The Computer’s BIOS
You can also get to reset your system’s BIOS as many times it can solve the issue as reported by many users. The reset is performed by removing that CMOS battery from its motherboard and then plug it again. This trick works only with the PCs and not with the laptops so if you have a PC too, you better follow these steps here:
- First, shut down your PC and remove all the cables from the CPU
- Make sure you won’t get electrocuted and now open the plate of the CPU so you can see the internal designing
- Here look for the motherboard and there you will find the CMOS battery on it.
- It looks like a coin and you can google images for an idea
- Just remove it and wait for a few minutes
- Now, put it back on the case and screw the plate of the CPU
- Turn on your PC and see if the boot resetting solved your issue
#4 You Need To Replace Corrupted Registries If Any
Sometimes the issue of error code 0xc000021a because on booting it may require a registry to complete the process and if that particular registry is not there or corrupted, then you face the situation of the blue screen. If you think this may be the case, then you can continue completing this process that may take a bit of time but it is going to be really useful.
We are going to use command prompt for this purpose in the Windows Recovery Environment and to get in that you need a Windows installation USB any CD that has the installation files. So let’s go with the steps having that installation disk in your hands:
- Insert that installation disk or USB and reset your PC
- On starting it will take you to the BIOS settings and here it will configure that installation disk or USB that you inserted.
- It can prompt you to press any keys just follow with it, select other options like language, time zone and click Next.
- Later, you should see a button saying Install now, if this is the case then click this button let your PC be repaired.
- Once the booting process is done, you can click on Save and exit the BIOS.
Once it is done you should see the Startup Options screen where you need to follow some things:
- If you see Troubleshoot, click it and then go to Advanced options.
- From there you need launch the Command Prompt by clicking on the program
- In the back screen, type C: and press the Enter key. Here C is your installation drive and if it is not C then replace it with the drive that has all your windows installation files.
- Now you need to paste this: cd windows\system32\config in that command prompt box and hit the enter key again.
- Next, type dir and press Enter and that will bring you all the files and folders of that directory.
- Now you need to rename each file with ren (File Name) (File Name).old and hit the Enter key. It should be like ren SYSTEM SYSTEM.old if the filename is SYSTEM.
- Do this for each file in the directory and once you’re done, type: cd RegBack and hit Enter.
- Next, type dir in that black space of Command Prompt and hit Enter. This way you will see all the files and folders of the directory.
- Next, you need to put these commands and hit Enter every time:
copy /Y SOFTWARE
copy /Y SAM
copy /Y SYSTEM
Once done and If you renamed any other file, then put it that too. Now, you are done so you can get out of the Windows Recovery Environment by removing the installation media and check for the issue by restarting your machine.