It happens most of the times in chrome when you get the error ‘This site can’t be reached’ or ‘ERR_CONNECTION _ TIMED _ OUT’. The issue occurs whenever you try to access any webpage and instead of taking you to the main content it shows you the error message that DNS server could not be found or similar messages. It is not only with the windows but smartphones too when you try to visit a website and get the error message.
Recommended: Fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
Now, if thinking about the reasons then there are many. But the most common ones are DNS failed, poor network connection, your browser, firewall, etc. for all the reasons I bring you several solutions that you can apply one by one and keep checking for the web page and keep the server DNS address could not be found issue away. Let’s start with the solutions.
- Fix This site can’t be reached the connection was reset
Fix This site can’t be reached the connection was reset
If you’re browsing on Chrome in Windows, and you’re seeing this error saying This site can’t be reached, you’re not alone. Here’re 8 methods you can try to fix this problem.
#1 Tweak the Settings of Chrome
Most of the possible reasons to get the issue may be your browser itself. So try to reset chrome or just get an entirely new and updated browser. You can also try clearing all flags and for that just go with these steps:
- Open your browser and in the URL bar, type: chrome://flags/ and hit enter.
- In the new page, go to ‘Reset all to defaults’ and just click it or check the box.
- You can also reset chrome to make it work and for that go to settings of your browser and click Advanced.
- There in the last section click ‘Reset settings’ and check the box accordingly.
- It will reset all the settings to default.
- If, this doesn’t work then try reinstalling chrome by going to control panel.
- Look for the folder named Add or remove programs and find chrome, just right-click it and select uninstall.
- Make sure you check the box for uninstalling all its previous settings.
- Get a new one from the official website: https://www.google.com/chrome/
#2 Reset Your Wi-Fi Modem and Reconnect Your Device
The second method that you can try is look out your modem and reset it. This thing is pretty easy where you just power off the modem from its main switch and turn it on after a few minutes. This method works like a charm where you feel no hassle, and it is just a matter of seconds.
Later, you can connect your device putting the required password, and you are good to go while solving chrome DNS error.
#3 Allow Chrome for DNS Prediction
Get rid of the error just by allowing chrome for DNS prediction, here are the points to follow:
- Open up the browser and go to settings clicking three dots in the upper right corner.
- On the new page, click Advanced and then Privacy section.
- Here in the fourth position or so you can find an option saying ‘Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly.’
- Just check it to blue or turn on and you are done with DNS prediction.
- Restart the Chrome and check the webpage again.
#4 Go With ‘Experimental QUIC Protocol Flag’
You can quickly solve the chrome DNS error by disabling Experimental QUIC protocol flag.
- Open Chrome browser and in the URL bar type: chrome://flags/.
- It will bring you to a new page showing a warning like ‘Careful these experiments may bite.’
- Just try to find ‘Experimental QUIC protocol’ or press Ctrl+F and type it there.
- Once you find it, change the value to ‘Disabled’ and just restart the browser.
Also Read: Chrome Err_Quic_Protocol_Error
#5 Give a Restart to DNS Client
- Open up the services window of your device by pressing Windows Key and R and type services.msc.
- It will open up the services window, and there you can find DNS Client or scroll down till you see it.
- Right-click the DNS client and select Restart. This will restart DNS client, and you can check it out by trying for the webpage again.
#6 Make A DNS Flush
Sometimes it is the DNS that malfunctions and becomes unable to change the URL to IP address. In this case, you can try flushing the DNS.
- Go to Command Prompt by pressing windows key and X and select Command Prompt.
- Now, just paste these commands one by one and after every command hit enter.
- Commands: ipconfig /release
netsh int ip set DNS
netsh winsock reset
Lastly, just reset your PC or the device and see if it makes any changes.
#7 Tweak Some TCP/IP Settings
Another effective method to solve server DNS address could not be found the issue. Here you will learn to change the DNS IP address by accessing TCP/IP.
- Locate ‘Open Network and Sharing Center’ that you can find on the desktop or the control panel.
- Right-click it and go to the properties of the connection you are using.
- Now find TCP/IPv4 that mostly exists in the bottom of the list.
- Double click it or go to properties by right-clicking.
- Here click the option ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’ instead of Obtain IP address automatically.
- Type this DNS address there: 18.104.22.168 in case of Google Public DNS IP addresses, type: 22.214.171.124.
- Just save the settings and close all windows, now check again.
#8 Reinstall Network Adapter Drivers
Before resetting the Network Adapter drivers, ensure that you know the required password to connect it again.
- Go to the icon of ‘My Computer’ and right click to select Manage.
- There click on Device Manager that will bring you a list of all the hardware installed.
- Now look for the Network adapters and expand it.
- Right-click the network connection you are using and select Uninstall.
- Restart your PC, and the drivers will get installed automatically, then you can try to visit that webpage again.
If you have a problem related to Gmail read this Fix Oops… A Server Error Occurred And Your Email Was Not Sent. (#007)
The error ‘site cannot be reached’ will not bug you anymore because all of these methods are so effective for the case. You just try from the simplest one to the bottom and fix the issue without taking help of any pro.