Here is the new trend in the category of Windows 10 errors and it is Windows update error 0x80070057. Yes, guys, many of users are facing this issue, and they have no idea of solving it out. If you are one of them then you have headed to the exact place where most effective methods to solve the issue are going to take place. The error can contain any type of message what the digits are always 0x80070057. The error occurs due to several reasons that I’ll discuss here so you can get a fair idea of why this happens and how to solve it.
- Reasons Why the Error 0x80070057 Occurs
- Methods on How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070057
Reasons Why the Error 0x80070057 Occurs
- The error may occur every time you try to backup your files and corruption happens.
- Maybe you are trying to update the windows or install the operating system, and a corrupted partition brings the error.
- Registries or entities that are corrupted are responsible too.
Methods on How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070057
So these are some primary reasons that make the error to happen. The complete list in unknown and may be running, and there is no use to learn the reason in depth. Instead, you need to focus on the solutions that will eliminate any type of issue regarding the 0x80070057 error.
#1 Perform an SFC Scan
Very first you can try SFC scan which is a helpful solution so far from any type of windows error. SFC scan helps because it scans all the affected files and replaces them automatically. So if you want the steps to follow then here it is:
- Open that command prompt manually or just press windows key and X and choose command prompt. Or get the run dialog box by pressing windows key and R and type cmd.
- There you get the command prompt window; you just need to type or paste this text: SFC /scannow and press enter.
- Now after a few seconds, you see the scan happening. You just need to give it some time till it gets finished.
- Once you remove message saying something like scanning completed you are done. All the corrupted files are repaired by now.
You won’t see the error message for 0x80070057 but still, if you see the message then you can follow the second method.
#2 Try SFCFIX 3.0
After the SFC get done, it’s not the case when you see the message that scan completed and it can be like scan couldn’t take place because of some corrupted files.
So in this case, you can try performing SFCFIX 3.0 which is an advanced scanning version of SFC. You can download the tool and perform SFCfix 3.0 scan that helps to repair all the left files that SFC scan couldn’t fix.
#3 Modify the Registry Key Value
Well to get rid of Windows update error 0x80070057 without downloading any tool and using your device’s function, you need to repair the corrupted registries. Here are the steps to follow and to quickly fix the registries:
- Get the run dialog box using the shortcut mentioned above keys.
- Type regedit and hit enter. It will open up the registry editor window.
- Now, follow this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificates.
- As you get to the SystemCertificates, see the right side of the panel and right click the blank space.
- Go the New and select DWORD Value.
- Alter the file name to CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo which appears on the right side.
- Double-click the file and change the value to 1 and save the settings.
Now you can close the Registry and restart your PC.
#4 Try Tweaking the WINDOWS UPDATE AGENT
Updating windows agent is another way to fix Windows update error 0x80070057. You can download the file from any trusted source and install it in your system.
Google something like Windows Update Agent download and download it to your system. If it is a zip file, then extract it and install the update file. It also helps you eliminate the errors.
#5 Rename the Software Distribution Folder
Another simplest method is to rename the Distribution Folder, and the process is easy too.
- Get the run dialog box by pressing windows key and R.
- Type %SystemRoot% and hit the meter key.
- It takes you to the Software Distribution folder.
- You just need to rename this folder to SoftwareDistribution.old and you are done renaming the Distribution Folder.
- Type services in the search box.
- Status of Windows Update here must ve Started.
Now you can restart the device and check for the error.
#6 Putting the Decimal Symbol May Help
To know how to fix Windows update error 0x80070057, the next step is checking the decimal symbol value.
- Go to control panel by pressing window + X and click on control panel.
- Now, look for Clock, Language, and Region and under this click on Change date, time, or number formats.
- Click Region and Language.
- A new window will appear on the screen where you need to click on the Additional Settings.
- There in the Numbers tab, you see an option Decimal symbol. Make sure the period or full stop sign is there. If not then put a period there and save the settings.
- Now you can close the control panel and check for the error again.
#7 Disable Your Antivirus on Windows Firewall
To fix Windows update error 0x80070057, you can also try disabling your antivirus and windows firewall. There is no need to install it, just disable it for a few minutes if the error shows up during any installation and try installing that file again.
Here are the steps to disable the Windows firewall:
- Go to the control panel using shortcut keys or manually.
- Head of System and Security and select Windows Firewall.
- There you see Turn Windows Firewall on or off, just click turn off option and try rerunning the program.
- You can check if the error still arrived during the installation or not. Mostly the errors don’t show after following this step so you can restart your PC get the installation done.
These are all the solutions to avoid getting Windows update error 0x80070057. If any of these helped you, then you can share that solution here and help other users.