Downgrade iPad iOS 6 Beta to iOS 5 via iTunes, TinyUmbrella (Mac and PC) for iPhone and iPod Touch too.
1 : Latest Version of iTunes
2 : Download the respective firmware file for your iDevice from The iPhone Wiki.
3 : You also need TinyUmbrella
Launch TinyUmbrella and close immediately, this will modify your hosts file automatically.
Launch Tiny Umbrella again and connect your device.
Click the Start button TSS Server (iTunes will close automatically).
Open iTunes and click Restore + Windows Shift or Restore + Option key on Mac.
Select the firmware you want to downgrade i.e. iOS 5.1.1 or lower for your iDevice.
Restore process will take 10-15 minutes, do not close Tiny Umbrella.
If all went well, you can go to Tiny Umbrella and press Stop TSS Server.
After restore process if you encountered an error message like 1011, 1013 or 1015 just ignore them(Actually the firmware is already installed). To exit recovery mode simply pressTinyUmbrella “kick device out of recovery mode” button. Wait until your device restarts, if you are still in recovery mode then put your iDevice in DFU mode and restore once again, following are the instructions to put your iDevice in DFU mode
- Connect your iDevice to your computer.
- Turn your iDevice off.
- Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
- Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
- A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iDevice.
- If the Restore Logo is present on the screen, you are in Recovery Mode, not DFU, so follow the process once again.