How would it feel if you are listening to your favorite playlist and suddenly sound goes off? Not good, I know but that’s the issue many windows users face, and if you are one of them then this article is going to be a blessing for you. Several times Realtek audio doesn’t function properly or perform glitches in between. This article is a complete solution of all those cracked voice or no sound at all.
Note: I advise all users to check their sound level because sometimes we accidentally put it to mute and then forget. So check if it is not set to mute.
Fix Realtek Audio Driver Windows 10 Issue
#1 Update Your Realtek Audio Drivers
In most cases, this may be the reason because having an outdated driver means having issues. It is not just about the sound but for everything and if you want your computer parts to function correctly the regularly update drivers. So to update the Realtek Audio Drivers, you need to visit the official website of Realtek, match your operating system and download from there. To get the process ease, follow these steps:
- Visit the page: http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
- Check the box that says ‘I accept to the above’ and click Next
- From the given list, choose your operating system and click on the Global icon to start downloading the drivers
- Open the downloaded file and install it like any other software file. Follow the wizard and get it done.
#2 Modify the Speakers Properties
If you have updated version of Realtek audio drivers and it still doesn’t solve the issue then tweak the speakers’ settings.
- Go to the sound icon in the taskbar and right click it.
- From the options choose Playback Devices
- In the new window, come to Playback tab and select Properties.
- Now, go to Advanced tab and look for bit rate. You need to change it to either 24 bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz.
- Save all the settings by clicking OK and close the windows.
#3 Roll Back Audio Drivers
In some cases roll back option can save you instantly and provide you working speakers. Rollback means reinstalling your audio drivers by using Device Manager instead of doing it manually. This method works when you already have updated drivers, and there is no sound. Follow the steps:
- Go to My Computer and right-click the icon.
- Select Manage and in the new window choose Device Manager
- There go to Sound, video and game controllers and expand it.
- Right-click Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and go to Properties.
- In the window go to Driver tab and click Roll Back Driver
This will start reinstalling the proper drivers, and the method only works when you already have updated drivers but due to any reason they didn’t get a proper installation.
Note: if still you don’t get the sound then try uninstalling the drivers and install them. But, first make sure you have downloaded the drivers from the official website or any other third-party website.
Once you have the updated drivers file, go to the same Properties of Realtek HD Audio Driver and click the last option Uninstall. It will take a few seconds and then you can install the drivers you just downloaded.
#4 Make Use of Windows 10 Audio Enhancements
This is an inbuilt package provided by Microsoft. The package includes some audio enhancements, and sometimes these can cause the audio issue. So you need to disable these enhancements by below steps.
- Go to the search bar of your system and type Sound.
- In the new window click Sound Control Panel option that will open up a new tab.
- Go to playback that is the first tab and choose your Realtek speaker
- Now click Properties and go to Enhancements tab.
- Make sure the box that says ‘Disable all sound effects’ is unchecked and if it is not, uncheck it and apply all the changes.
#5 Use Taskbar to Restart Windows Audio Services
It can happen that your audio services are not working properly because they are disabled due to any reason. So in this method, you will enable them or restart the audio services using task manager.
- Go to task manager using keys Windows and X
- Now go to the specific program, and it will open up Task Manager Window
- Here, go to Services tab and look for something like Windows Audio
- To restart it double-click the service and now it will be working again.
- Make sure it is checked to Automatic and nothing else like Manual or Disabled.
#6 Use Windows Troubleshoot
Windows troubleshoot always fix the issue happening in your windows with any hardware. It is the last one that you can try, and it is very effective as well. Here are the very simple steps:
- Open up the Control Panel and go to Troubleshoot
- Here you can see Hardware and Sound, just click it and pick up Troubleshoot audio recording
A dialog box will appear with some instructions, you just need to follow them, and it will solve the issue for you.
I have mentioned every possible method to fix Realtek HD Audio Driver Issue for Windows 10 and hope that your speakers will be back to working again. Catch all; these steps one by one as they are very simple to follow and you will surely fix Realtek High Definition Audio Manager Issue. If you have anything else to share, then you are free to comment here.